Friday, June 22, 2012

Welcome to the SFR Brigade's midsummer blog hop

Welcome to the SFR Brigade's midsummer blog hop! This blog extravaganza has wonderful prizes including a Kindle Touch and an SFR library. Plus all the participants have goodies on their own blogs. Check here so you won't miss a stop and get all the details.

Today, I'm providing your choice of any of my Science Fiction Romance ebooks: Desert Blade, Jaq's Harp, Braided Silk, Silver Bound, or Firestorm on E'Terra to a random winner.

My latest release, Desert Blade is a post-apocalyptic romance set in the midwest of the US. In a scene of this story, the heroine, Doctor Lidia Sullivan says she'll miss her Pride and Prejudice DVD. To enter the contest, just tell me what movie you'd miss if the world ended (and don't forget your contact information).

Enjoy the rest of the blog hop!


Desert Blade

Near-Future, Science Fiction Romance, Post-Apocalyptic -- Novella
In the post-apocalyptic Midwest, now a ravaged dust bowl, former guardsman Derek Covington must find help for a sick boy. With nothing but memories of all he lost, Derek crosses the desert alone in search of the doctor who saved his own life ten years ago. Drifter gangs who loot and pillage don't dare come near, for Derek has a formidable weapon: a prosthetic arm with a deadly blade.

For a decade, Dr. Lidia Sullivan has fantasized about the handsome guardsman who'd been in her care. And now she can't deny his dangerous request. But as they make the treacherous journey back to Old St. Louis, they must contend with much more than fierce desert winds and their unthinkable attraction. A fearless gang has spotted Lidia—a rare woman—and will fight Derek to the death to get her. And though he risks his life to save her for the sake of the child who needs her, she fears there's one thing Derek will never risk: his heart.
27,000 words 

Available from: Carina Press and other retail outlets.


Don't Forget: to enter the contest, tell me what movie you'd miss if the world ended. Plus, you must provide some way for me to contact you. 

30 comments:

Pippa Jay said...

Oh, I can only chose one?! Okay, A Knight's Tale. Love the medieval era, love the main characters, love the non-era music they chose to play on it!

Who are we? said...

The American President. Corny, but I love it.

Imogene

JC Jones said...

Star Wars (the original) is still my favorite. my email is jonesjnd at yahoo dot com

McKenna Lang said...

Lost in Translation. That whisper at the end kills me every time.

D L Jackson said...

Oh how I love Dystopian romance. I'll be adding this to my Nook. Thanks for sharing.

I love Dangerous Beauty.

Pauline B Jones said...

Only one movie? Oh man, okay, I'd miss...Tremors. It hasn't been on lately. Used to be on everywhere. (grin)

Arlene said...

So hard to pick one movie. Princess Bride comes to mind. So does Serenity. Christmas Story. Lord of....ok, I'd get kicked off the 'missing the world get together' by breaking the one only rule. You have so many interesting novels, I couldnt pick just one of those either. Thanks for sharing.

Danielle Monsch said...

I love so many it's almost impossible to choose. I'm going to say Monster's Inc., but I know if you asked me tomorrow it would be a different answer :)

Dani (at) DanielleMonsch (dot) com

Diana said...

Only one movie. The Lord of the Rings. I am in love with Tolkien's world. Thank you for the giveaways and hop!
Artemis

artgiote at gmail dot com

Jessica Subject said...

To pick just one? I'd have to say the new Star Trek with Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine

MK Mancos/Kathleen Scott/Kate Davison said...

*waves* Hi, Ella.

Only one movie, huh? I love so many of them, but I'd have to pick Wizard of Oz. It's the movie I've loved the longest of them all.

VanillaOrchids said...

My favorites tend to change over time, but I love watching the Drew Barrymore/Dougray Scott movie Ever After.

Pam
vanillaorchids69(at)gmail(dot)com

joannie said...

Oh Thats hard just one movie. There are so many. I guess it would be Titanic. Thanks for being part of the hop. Joannie jscddmj[at]aol[dot]com

Susan W. said...

That's a hard one to choose! Probably be The Fifth Element. I love that movie. Or A Practical Magic. Oh, I can't decide! LOL!
Thanks for the giveaway!
suz2(at)cox(dot)net

Miss Kitty Roads said...

Phonebooth! Something about the way kiefer sutherland says "hello" in that movie, makes me all tingly. ;)

Shadow said...

I have so many favorite movies, id miss all of them! Some of my favorites are: Dirty Dancing, Pride and Prejudice, Ugly Truth, Beauty and the Beast, Practical Magic, etc. I have a ton of favorites. I know you said choose one, but i cant! :D Thanks for sharing and for the fun hop!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Sue Ann Bowling said...

Just one movie? Lord of the Rings, I think, though for sheer laughter I love Those Magnificant Men in their Flying Machines (which I'm reviewing next week.)

Debra A. Soles said...

I love movies so much that only one would be pretty impossible. I literally have hundreds if you include TV on DVD.
But, my favorite of all time is actually a Japanese movie called Nana. I've watched it over and over. Am I allowed two copies of this one movie, because I'm afraid I would ware it out? :)

BookAttict said...

One movie I'd miss is Dogma!

Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
elizabeth @ bookattict . com

Kimber Shook said...

I'm sorry but I loved The Notebook!

TK Anthony + www.scotianrealm.com said...

The Quiet Man. Especially on March 17th.

Cheryl Corbin said...

Wow... so many movies come to mind. I think I have to go with Princess Bride because it has everything - action, comedy, romance, magic. Such a good movie.

Cheryl
cheryl(at)cherylcorbin(dot)com

bn100 said...

Pride and Prejudice.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

Hywela Lyn said...

Great post and Desert Blade sounds fantastic!

I have so many favourite movies it's really hard to choose but I think I'd have to go with 'Lord Of The Rings' like several others ehre! It just has everyting, handsome heros, beautiful heroines, mystery and danger, a bit of magic, and even SF elements. I love it!

LisaC said...

I'll hang on to the Terminator even if it might be a bit grim.

Lisacordes (at) yah00 (d0t) c0m

Rae Lori said...

Desert Blade sounds awesome! I have your biopunk series in my TBR and I have a feeling they will be having some new friends soon hehehe.

It's tough to pick just one but if I had to, I would probably pick Aliens. For some reason I just never get tired of that awesome movie. :-D

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

First off this book this amazing!! Now as far as the movie ... for me it would be Gone with the Wind. I love this old movie and have to watch it at least once a year.
Dawn - drmgrl99atyahoodotcom

Kat email queenoftarts at thebooktart dot com said...

Fifth Element! Multipass. Big-bad a-boom! I adore this movie- if I'm feeling down , or happy or it's on tv and even though I own the tv I stop channel surfing and watch knowing others are enjoying it with me :)

Liz S. said...

Any of the Thin Man movies. I love the interplay between Nick and Nora. And who can forget Asta, their dog? Thanks for the contest.

lizsemkiu@gmail.com

fairytail said...

Sword of The Stranger ^^

kazouaher12@hotmail.com