Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Geeky Romance

I've been going through my unfinished projects trying to decide what to do with them. One of them has a favorite hero of mine. It's a finished short that has some issues. I'm trying to decide if I can fix it, because I simply adore this hero. Here are thirteen lines from when the hero and heroine first interact in this story. (I had to skip a few lines between his entry and their first dialog so I could keep it to thirteen.)

The wind from the opening door of the lab blew the tissue thin papers all over the floor.
...
Thad Stephanos never smiled, and he didn’t now, but his lip quirked on the left side for a few seconds in greeting. He pushed his thick rimmed, black glasses up his nose and started toward her as if to help pick up the scattered prints.
“No.” She held up her hand in a stop motion. “Don’t help. Thank you.”
“You think I’ll steal your blueprints?” The dawning horror on his face halted her move to pick up the papers.
She sighed and answered begrudgingly. She wanted to hate him. She did. She really, really did, but he was so darn good looking, she lost all sense around him.

10 comments:

Elise Logan said...

awwww. I love hottie geeks. They make me happy.

Jennifer Leeland said...

Ooooh great lines!!!!! And I'm with Elise. I love hot geeks.

Kimberly Menozzi said...

Another fan of the hottie geeks, here. I love a man in glasses, with a huuuge... Brain. ;)

Darla M Sands said...

Nice!

Ella Drake said...

Elise, Jennifer, and Kimberly,
I know, I love me some hot geeks. Guess that's why I married one! :)

Thanks, Darla.

I'm hoping that posting this excerpt will inspire me to work on Thad's story again.

Brenda ND said...

Oh, I like this story, but then, I'm fond of geeks. I married one too.

Tatiana Caldwell said...

Nice, sounds like my kinda guy. I too am a sucker for a hot geek.

Shelley Munro said...

Great lines. You should definitely work on this one and submit it. :)

Janice said...

Sounds like a good story.

Happy TT.
Janice~

Heather said...

Hot geeks rule! I say give revising a shot! ;)