- I love to dance.
- I'm a horrible singer. Don't ever stand next to me on the dance floor while I'm belting out a Madonna song. I'll hurt your ears.
- My favorite author is Toni Morrison. She came to speak to my Women's Lit class while I was in undergrad & I got a smidgen of a crush. She's beautiful in person and her voice is smooth as velvet. She came to Atlanta when the Olympics were there & I dragged my then boyfriend, now husband, to hear her. I love her voice so much, I got a book on tape of her reading one of her books. Turns out, such a wonderful voice doesn't keep you awake while you're driving. Oops.
- Some of my favorite short stories were written by Issac Asimov, but I can't read his longer work.
- I used to work at a large telecommunications company as a programmer. I've got lots of skills in web stuff, video stuff, & phone stuff. I try to forget all that.
- I used to work for a US Senator. I almost got fired for getting frustrated with a caller who repeatedly called to badmouth my boss. I lost my patience one day. Yeah, I've got a limit.
- I've ridden in a Black Hawk helicopter. Drove a tank, shot a machine gun and rode a zip line down from a paratrooper jump tower, but I was too chicken to bungee jump on my honeymoon. Hey, it was my honeymoon! Not ready to die so early in the marriage!
- Number 7 is about as interesting as I get. Really.
- I used to talk on the phone as a teenager for three hours or more. Now I can't deal with being on the phone for five minutes.
- I want to go to L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland where they uncovered a Norse settlement in the '60s. Then, onward to Iceland, baby!
- I grew up in football country (that's American football, not that soccer thing). I thought there was nothing like being in a stadium full of 60,000 screaming fans. But, I think I like live hockey more. Go figure.
- I run, hit baseball, and fight like a girl.
- I can parallel park a minivan like nobody's business.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Labels: Thursday Thirteen