- Check out the history behind Read and E-Book Week.
- There are many classics available at Project Gutenberg, which I've been a fan of since around 2006 or so. Project Gutenberg has loads of free, legal, no-longer-under-copyright ebooks.
- Jane Eyre is available at Gutenberg in txt, html, epub, mobi, and other formats.
- The last ebook I bought was Doubled Plots: Romance and History by Susan Strehle and Mary Paniccia Carden. I'm actually kind of excited about how the ereader may impact the future of text books, making them more easily attainable and more affordable.
- Ebooks are better for the environment. I'm all about the environment, trust me on this, but that's not why I read ebooks. The main reason I read ebooks is for the convenience. If I want a new book at midnight, voila.
- Nathan Bransford, agent blogger extraordinaire, blogged about ebook skeptics here.
- I have a list of free Sci-Fi Rom ebooks here, which needs to be updated in the near future because I've found a few new ones to add.
- This month, All Romance Ebooks is having a 25% Omnibucks rebate on all Samhain Publishing titles. This includes my Samhain title, The Forbidden Chamber.
- Last week and the week before, my erotic paranormal short story, Scent of Cin was a top 25 best seller in Romance at Fictionwise. Two weeks! I'm still in awe. Thanks to everyone who bought my story!
- I have ebooks published with three wonderful publishers, Cobblestone Press, Liquid Silver Books, and Samhain Publishing, the last of which will also publish my novel in print this August.
- I'll be signing for the first time as an author at the 2010 RT Booklovers Convention, and I'll be signing ebooks!
- The last ebook I read was Hearts and Minds by J.C. Hay. This is from one of two Space Opera Anthologies from Samhain. I really enjoyed it.
- I'm holding a read an ebook giveaway for all my ebooks this week. Scroll down to my last post to see more. Also to celebrate, I'll be at the Samhain Cafe tonight 7:30-8:30 EST.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Have you read an ebook this week? You should.