Friday, January 15, 2010

Are we warm yet?

This stop on the Fill Your Reader Blog Tour, I thought I'd provide a friendly neighborhood Public Service Announcement. If you aren't aware of these Marky Mark Calvin Klein ads from the early '90s, then scroll down! Right away!

This ad campaign, for obvious reasons, has stuck in my brain for years. I think I'd call that a job well done. What do you think? I distinctly remember walking down the street, seeing one of these, full body sized on the side of a bus stop. Yummers. I nearly tripped.

Mark Wahlberg has gone on to be a wonderful actor that I enjoy watching, but no matter how far his career goes, I'll still remember him in his undies. (Oh, and that's Kate Moss with him). If you want to see these a little bigger sized, just right click and select "view image".



This concludes the friendly neighborhood PSA.
Please continue on with the blog tour.
Your next stop, wonderful author extraordinaire: Alanna Coca http://alannacoca.com/blog

If you're dropping by and haven't heard about the tour, then get thee to the start of the trail at
Paige Tyler: http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/ Or, visit the LSB forum for more details.

Prizes on the list include Hearts Afire: December, a two-ebook anthology including Firestorm on E'Terra by Ella Drake and This Fire by Elise Logan and Emily Ryan Davis.

and...






Waiting for the Big One by PG Forte
Flash of Dark by Sara Brooks
Rip Cord by Jeanne St. James
Doll by Juniper Bell
Once Bitten by Trina M. Lee
Huntress Prequel by Trina M. Lee
Bound by Deception by Christa Paige
Preja Vu by Alanna Coca
For a Price by Olivia Brynn
Fireproof by Tina Holland
Destiny's Magick by Rae Morgan
Alitus, Tales of the Chosen by Kayelle Allen
Satisfy Me by Madison Scott
Baptism by Fire by Keira Ramsay
Black Cat Beauty by Savanna Kougar
Intimate Strangers by Gem Sivad
Bait by Annie Nicholas
Breathing Shallow by Stephanie Adkins
The Company of Fools by Annemarie Hartnett
Choice of two books by Lexi Ryan
Safe from the Flames by Sandra Sookoo

26 comments:

Noelle said...

Ohhh, Mark Walburg! I loved him in Fear. I never wanted to be Reese Witherspoon so bad in my life! :)

cfisher1504 said...

I have to agree that Mark Walburg
does Calvin proud!!

Andrea I said...

I'll always remember those ads also.

Eva S said...

Sometimes I remember them when I watch one of his films.

jennifer said...

oh what the underwear world has lost

Kayelle Allen said...

I'm poking into the entire tour, checking out hotties. THANK YOU for the pics of Mark. And who could forget Travis Fimmell in his own Calvin Kleins... *sigh*

Fallon Hadley said...

Mark Walbur has always been a hottie!

Savanna Kougar said...

Mark Walburg not only looks good, he's got that certain 'something'... star quality...
Yep, I well remember those ads. You can get rid of Kate Moss, though... never could understand her charm.

Stephanie said...

Yup. He'll always be apart of pop culture for those abs...opps mean ads ;)

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

So hot! I DO remember these... might have even ripped a few out to put on my wall. NO, I will not tell you how old I am! *wink*

Side Note: Did anyone else have a problem commenting at Culinary Carnivale. For the life of me I could not scroll down to word verify.

Lisa G said...

great ads (and abs)!

Cathy M said...

I love those picture of Mark.

sherry said...

I remember these adds I've always thought they were hot. He sure looks good in his Calvin's.

sstrode@scrtc.com

To answer Sweet Vernal Zephyr question I didn't think I would ever get mine to post a comment. I had to try 3 or 4 times.

joder said...

Mark is still a good looking man--even after all these years!

Boone Brux said...

I just want to nuzzle him to my breast.

orelukjp0 said...

What a great contest. Thanks for being part of it. Gotta love CK.

booklover0226 said...

Oh, yes, I'm very warm, thank you very much!

Tracey D

Leigh Royals said...

Fantastic! I remember those ads too. I also remember the guess jeans ones and thinking, I'd never look like that.... but I can look AT him.

Rosemary Gunn said...

Mark...mmm, yummy

sophiaparkwood said...

I have a new found love for PSA's!

marcieo said...

Wow! I am most impressed by your PSA! I have to say, I don't remember that ad, but I am extremely glad you brought it to our attention. Now we can all make it our computer wallpaper for the next ten years. He does have a mighty big smile in that last one. Do you think everything in those shorts is...his? *evil cackle*

Scott Romanski said...

Remember those adds....wasn't impressed...but i'm a guy so what do i know?

Amy S. said...

Love Mark Walburg, yum!

April said...

I remember Mark Wahlburg for no other reason...LOL... and to think his brother at the time was more popular.

Mark outlasted him by a mile!

Anyone else unable to post on Saranna DeWylde's blog???

Caffey said...

Oh Klein does great photos of Mark!
cathiecaffey(at)gmail(dot)com

LeslieJane said...

Love to win e-books, Now, if I can just get my parents to spend part of their contest win from Best Buy to get me an e-book reader, I would be in heaven.

Plus, the eye candy, you made my day.

Leslie Jane