- Under covers. With a flashlight.
- On a plane.
- On a beach.
- At the dinner table (as a kid in a house where I was the only female).
- I first started reading ebooks on a regular basis after I had my second baby. It was a life saver to be able to nurse him while reading or sit with him when he went to sleep. With the device, I was able to turn off the lights and still read. I read on a pocketpc, a Dell Axim. (pictured to the right)
- I've read on my laptop & PC.
- I've read on my Blackberry Curve
- My Nokia N810, which is a purely awesome geeky little device. (pictured at the top of the post). This is the device I use most at the moment for multiformat ebooks. If I really have to have an ebook w/ DRM, I'll read it with mobipocket on my Blackberry.
- In the library
- In the library, cramming for an exam
- On a long car trip. This method of reading is long in my past. I did this on family trips as a kid. Now, I get car sick.
- In bed.
- In the bathtub.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
I noticed how many books I have on my Fictionwise shelf this week. This follows quickly behind my effort to keep track of the books I read this year on Goodreads. It got me thinking about ebooks, ebook devices, and just where do I find myself reading print books. Here are 13 ways I've read books in the past.