Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Free SFR reads

In honor of my two weeks of Celebrating Science Fiction Romance, I thought I'd post a list of free reads for those of you new to the genre, wanting to get a taste. Check out the following stories:

Short stories, some of which are sizzling hot!
Still We Live by Ann Aguirre
Pure Bond by Kim Knox
Star Song by Karin Shah
"For The Children" by Susan Sizemore (Scroll to the bottom of page)
Lust in Space by Kathleen Scott

Serial with connected short stories (definitely sizzling hot/erotic)
GMS Mercy by Elise Logan and Emily Ryan-Davis

Related reads:
Steampunk Tales

Romantic Science Fiction, full length novel in ebook form. (This book is in the Baen Free Library, so while you're there, check out the rest of the site.)
Sunrise Alley by Catherine Asaro

If you know of others, feel free to link in the comments section. This is just a sampling of what's out there.

6 comments:

RKCharron said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the excellent post and the links to the free reads.
Here's another you may like:
http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/
:)
Happy Holidays,
Rob

Jennifer Leeland said...

Oh excellent!!!!

Karin Shah said...

Thanks for posting the free reads! I'm enjoying checking them out!

:-)

Shelley Munro said...

I have a free sci-fi story on my free reads page. It's an erotic romance - Interplanetary Love

http://www.shelleymunro.com/free-reads/

AJ Chase said...

Typically, I'm not a huge sci fi fan. I lean more towards fantasy traditionally. But every once in awhile I want to try something different and a little bit edgier. I'm going to write these down and try them out. Thanks for the links.

Anonymous said...

This is exciting. By entering the contest I have a chance to read books by new authors, but have also found some interesting blogs to read and new way to id new authors and books. Thank you.
Kea (paradox101@msn.com)