Thursday, December 3, 2009

Celebrating Science Fiction Romance

I'm gearing up for two weeks of Science Fiction Romance (SFR) goodness. Here are 13 ways I'm celebrating my favorite genre.
  1. Dec 1 - I was a guest on Rowena Cherry's Crazy Tuesday podcast this week, talking about SFR. If you'd like to take a listen, it's archived here. Other guests were Heather Massey of The Galaxy Express, Danger Gal Lisa Paitz Spindler, and SciFi Guy Doug Knipe.
  2. Dec 2 - Posted an article with a short list of futuristics/SFR with viruses as part of the plot. Check out How did the wasp get its sting?
  3. Dec 3 - Thursday 13. This post!
  4. Dec 5 - Blogging about the last SFR I read, Taking Liberty by Jodi Redford.
  5. Dec 6 - Kick off of The SFR Holiday Blitz, an exciting SFR scavenger hunt featuring myself (yay!) and 11 other bloggers, highlighting 17 authors and over 30 prizes.
  6. Dec 7 - Release of Hearts Afire: December from Liquid Silver Books. This two-novella e-book anthology features "This Fire" by Elise Logan & Emily Ryan-Davis and my SFR novella, "Firestorm on E'Terra"
  7. Dec 7 - Visiting with author Nikki Duncan, discussing modern day heroes and how they inspired my futuristic story, "Firestorm on E'Terra".
  8. Dec 8 - Blogging at Liquid Silver about "Firestorm on E'Terra"
  9. Dec 9 - Posting a list of SFR free reads out there, including GMS Mercy by Elise Logan and Emily Ryan-Davis
  10. Dec 10 - For Thursday 13, I'll be posting 13 lines from "Firestorm on E'Terra"
  11. Dec 11 - Will be in a Holiday Blog Tour with other Liquid Silver authors, once again featuring "Firestorm on E'Terra". Lots of prizes to win!
  12. Bonus event: from Dec 11th to Dec 17th at noon EST, I'll be participating in another scavenger hunt. This one sponsored by Samhain authors, with a chance to win ebooks and a Sony ereader to read all those SFR/Futuristics you've been dying to read. Details will be posted here and at the Samhellion.
  13. Wrapping it all up on Dec 14th with Excerpt Monday, when I'll be posting an excerpt from my SFR "Firestorm on E'Terra"

15 comments:

Stephanie Adkins said...

Wow ... you're one busy lady. :) I can't wait to read the new Hearts Afire too. Happy Thursday! *hugs*

Jennifer Leeland said...

I just finished "Taking Liberty" yesterday. AWESOME book!!!!
And great job on the podcast Ella!

Brenda ND said...

Wow, are you busy. That's great! I hope to catch you at some of these events, but for now, I'm taking a break to read,"Grounded." I love those Raven-guys.

Adelle Laudan said...

Don't forget to breath! Busy lady.
Happy T13!

Ms Menozzi said...

Wow - you're really showing us how it's done! Do you have some time to rest scheduled? ;-)

Paige Tyler said...

Lots to do! LOL! Have fun!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Alice Audrey said...

It's a tour de SF force! Impressive.

A. Catherine Noon said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad there are other sci-fi people out there. My current WIP isn't really romantic, but I do have others that are, and it's nice to find people that like that genre. Thank you for sharing these!!!

RKCharron said...

Hi Ella :)
Thank you for the great update post. I bookmarked it so I can keep track of the where & whens.
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

Inez Kelley said...

Busy much? No saving the world on that list?

Ella Drake said...

Stephanie, I can't wait for it to come out!

Jen, I know, isn't it a great book? And thanks about the podcast. I was totally nervous.

Brenda, I hope you catch some of the events and enjoy "Grounded"

Adelle, breathing is over-rated ;)

Ms Menozzi, luckily, I think I can squeeze in a nap or two.

Paige, I'm totally enjoying it.

Alice! "tour de SF force!" awesome. I'm so stealing that.

A. Catherine, we SF peeps have to stick together!

RK, I hope you can participate in the events.

Inez, saving the world is next month.

Heather said...

Wow, someone is going to be busy this month. Hope you enjoy every minute!

Shelley Munro said...

You're going to be busy this month. I'm really excited about the resurgence in the sci-fi genre. I like both reading and writing it.

Lauren Murphy said...

Wow you have your hands full! Congrats on the release. Yay for you!

RowenaBCherry said...

Kudos on your schedule. I enjoyed reading about how busy you will be. You are one organized sfr author!