- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, 1-5) by Rick Riordan
Both boys enjoyed this series from beginning to end. Not only that, it's the only set of books that they've lent out to friends, who all enjoyed them as well. Another mother, whose son is not a reader, was shocked when he read The Lightning Thief and said he "got" it. Highly recommended.
- Redwall (Redwall, 1-21 and still going) by Brian Jacques
This series is the favorite of my oldest.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (and the complete series) by J.K. Rowling
This is middle son's favorite.
- Magyk (Septimus Heap, 1-5) by Angie Sage
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney
- Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism by Georgia Byng
- The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden, Hal Iggulden
- The Forests Of Silence (Deltora Quest, 1-8) by Emily Rodda
- The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1) by Holly Black, Tony DiTerlizzi
- My Teacher Is an Alien by Bruce Coville
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson
I have a feeling these books will be favorites soon.