- A Romance Novel for Michelle Obama. This is a pretty cool article about a Romance author handing her novel to President Obama.
- Teresa Says It Loud and Says It Proud: I WRITE ROMANCE NOVELS!!! Emotional piece about writing Romance. Made me tear up.
- Suvudu Free Library. This site posts free e-books, usually older books or the first in a series. Usually SF/F, but some are Romance. Authors include Anne McCaffrey, Keri Arthur, Jennifer Stevenson, Karen Marie Moning and Lara Adrian. (Also check out $1 Orbit Books)
- The Case for Steampunk Romance, a post at Dear Author by Heather Massey of The Galaxy Express that explains Steampunk. The comments are worth the read as well.
- What the Heck is it? Sub-genres in Fantasy and Science Fiction. A post that explains the genres in SF/F. Ever heard of mannerpunk?
- Changes at Samhain Publishing. Changes in editors and PR.
- Sex on the Kindle. She actually begins the article: "Sony recently unveiled its new e-reader into a market that's red-hot—in part, thanks to closet fans of cheesy romance novels and tween lit who don’t want you to see what they’re reading." (emphasis mine) But, she gives Liquid Silver Books a mention, which is cool.
- Ran across two interesting posts about Gothic Romance. One on the occasion of the release of The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber (at popculturedivas). The article explains Gothic Romance.
- Previously, I also found a more scholarly article on Gothic at the blog, Teach Me Tonight. Since my upcoming Samhain release is Gothic/Historical Paranormal Romance, I'm hoping the genre gets a little love.
- The New Yorker lists Seven Essential Fantasy Reads.
- John Scalzi posts on Worldbuilding, Briefly. His approach to worldbuilding which I found to be pretty cool. (I can't quite completely do it his way, but I like his explanation, a lot).
- The 2009 Hugo Awards, Dramatic Presentation: Short Form goes to Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog, Joss Whedon.
- Jeannie Lin blogged on Men: The Appeal of Warrior Culture at Unusual Historicals. Love historicals based on warrior culture. In historical romance, I love them Vikings.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Here are 13 links I've run across on twitter in recent weeks.