Thursday, May 7, 2009

My first 13 ebooks

Recently, I perused my--at this point--large bookshelf at Fictionwise and decided to look at the first books I ever purchased, starting in early 2006. Before this, I'd read some classics and a few free SF books. With the exception of the first book, the rest were bought based on Fictionwise rankings and reader ratings. (The first book, by Kenyon, I bought as an ebook to see how I'd like the whole buying an ebook thing. Otherwise, I'd have ordered the book through Amazon. This was a turning point in my way of thinking when it came to ordering books.)

  1. Bad Attitude by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  2. The Fire Within [Storm Lords Book 1] by Marie Harte
  3. Immortal Ops [Immortal Ops Book 1] by Mandy M. Roth
  4. Critical Intelligence [Immortal Ops Novel] by Mandy M. Roth
  5. Wicked Lucidity by Mandy M. Roth
  6. Below the Surface [Storm Lords Book 2] by Marie Harte
  7. Lurin's Surrender by Marie Harte
  8. The Thief of Mardu by Marie Harte
  9. Winner Takes All by Marie Harte
  10. Below by Kaitlyn O'Connor
  11. One Touch by Susie Charles
  12. Paranormal Payload [Project Exorcism Book 1] by Mandy M. Roth
  13. Parlor Games [Anthology] by Leda Swann & Jess Michaels & Julia Templeton

All of these are Erotic Romance, most are futuristic/paranormal. In part because they were my introduction into a genre I now LOVE and in part because of the sheer fun I had reading them, these books have stuck with me. Unlike some books I've read, I remember the characters, the plot, and I still follow some of the authors.

When did you lose your ebook virginity? Does your first one hold a special place in your heart?

18 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

So far I've only purchased two ebooks. I'm sure I'll get more once I have an ereader. I need the price of ereaders to get more reasonable.

Adelle Laudan said...

Geesh! I've bought so many, I can't remember the 1st. If memory does serve me, I think it was Ice Cream in the Snow, by Diana Castilleja.
Happy T13!

Ms Menozzi said...

I've only purchased two, so far:

Waking the Witch
and
Oh, Goddess!

I'm still at the stage of preferring books I can carry around with me, and I can't afford a reader thingy yet. Give me time, though. I'll catch up! LOL!

Ciao!
Happy TT!

Stephanie Adkins said...

Wow ... I can't remember my first ebook. That's a great question. I'll have to go back and try to find out. LOL Happy Thursday. *Hugs*

Ella Drake said...

Alice and Ms Menozzi, thanks for stopping by. It's interesting that neither of you buy ebooks, but you each have two. Hope you enjoyed them, and I hope the cost of ereaders come down for you to buy more. There are some wonderful authors out there who are only epublished.

Adelle & Stephanie, I have so many, but it was easy for me to remember the first several, which is funny since I have an awful memory. But the list came straight from my Fictionwise account, so I didn't have to remember. LOL.

Thanks for commenting!

Paige Tyler said...

Great list!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Inez Kelley said...

I popped my ebook cherry on Kate Willoughby's stuff.

http://talesfromthecrit.wordpress.com/

Heather said...

I don't have many ebooks, either, and can't remember what the first one I got was...I know it was someone I knew from online. I can't afford an ereader and have difficulty doing a lot of reading on the computer. I prefer the kind of books I can curl up with in bed.

Brenda ND said...

I'm still holding out. I've got one that was gifted to me, but I'm a bathtub reader so. . . I'm waiting for a waterproof kindle or ebook reader.

Crystal Jordan said...

One of my first ebooks was by Mandy M. Roth, too!

jamiebabette said...

I enjoyed Bad Attitude (paper copy). I can't afford a e-reader and I haven't bought any e-books yet. I like to pop a book in my purse or stack a few of the TBR pile in the bathroom. Balancing my laptop on the sink is probably a bad idea, lol.
Happy Thursday!

michelle pillow said...

I know the first ebook I ever bought/read was by Autumn Dawn. But I couldn't tell you which ones were the "firsts" after that. I have hundreds now in my cyber library.

Robbie said...

Any erotic romance books I purchase are all ebooks. They all fit nicely on my Dell PDA.

Elise said...

I don't remember which books I got first. I'm bad like that. lol

Ella Drake said...

Thanks for stopping by Paige and Elise!

Brenda, Heather, and jamiebabette I still like to read a paperback in the bath, or when I'm outside in the elements, but in bed, it's a toss up if I'll curl up with a paperback or an ebook.

Inez, LOL, so you remember how you popped your ebook cherry!

Crystal, yep, I totally enjoy reading her erotic paranormal/futuristics.

Michelle! If this list had been 20 instead of 13, you totally would have been on here! I started with the Lords of the Var series and moved on from there.

Robbie, dude, I read these on a Dell Axim 5. What kind do you have? (Now I use either my ultra portable tablet, or a Nokia N810)

Mandy M Roth said...

I hope you know that you've totally made my day! :) Thanks Ella!

What a great topic! The first ebook I bought was called Slayer from Ellora's Cave.

Also, thanks Crystal!

Ella Drake said...

Mandy, always glad to make somebody's day. *grin*
Thanks for writing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.