Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thirteen Romance Keepers

For my first Thursday Thirteen, I thought it'd be fitting to list 13 Romance books from my keeper shelf. These are in no particular order, and I've read them all at least twice. The first two, I've read who knows how many times. They're also the ones I've had longest, from a time when my Romance shelf was quite small. All 13 are from my physical shelf, all print. My ebook cyber shelf is for another day...
  1. Pride and Prejudice, by the queen herself, Jane Austen
  2. Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss
  3. Outlander Series (first three books, especially) by Diana Gabaldon
  4. Lady Sophia's Lover (or entire bow street runners series) by Lisa Kleypas
  5. Suddenly You -- ok, any and all books by Lisa Kleypas
  6. Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair
  7. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
  8. A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
  9. Lucky's Lady by Tami Hoag
  10. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
  11. The Bride by Julie Garwood
  12. Forbidden by Elizabeth Lowell
  13. Naked in Death by J. D. Robb. This series by the alter ego of Nora Roberts is good, but the first two books have gotten me to pick them up again and again.

18 comments:

Adelle Laudan said...

That's the name of the book I wanted to read! Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss
Thanks so much! Happy T13!

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

...I've only read Jane Austen...

Heather said...

I heartily agree on the Outlander series. The first three books are definitely the best.

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Ms Menozzi said...

Annnd here's where I fall out of favor with those of y'all who aren't already miffed at me:

I haven't even read the Austen!

There! I said it! I've seen the films but never got through the book - yet!

Now they're gonna take my Lit Geek card away...

:(

Still, great idea for a 13!

Ciao!
Happy TT!

Shelley Munro said...

I've read quite a few of the books on your list, but not Austen. I watched the movie. :-)
I have to agree that the early Outlander books are the best.

Inez Kelley said...

I never read Austen or saw the movie.

I agree on the Outlander series!

http://talesfromthecrit.wordpress.com/

Stephanie Adkins said...

Welcome to TT, Ella! Great list you have there. I love Pride & Prejudice. :) Happy Thursday. *Hugs*

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I LOVE "Games of Command" by Linnea. LOVE it.

Alice Audrey said...

Can't argue with Pride and Prejudice. What a great book!

Lia Morgan said...

I don't think I could ever narrow it down to 13. Maybe thirteen random books.

I love Kresley Cole and Kelley Armstrong.

And Ms Menozzi, I can beat you. I have never read Jane Austen, and I have never watched the movies. I have read one Bronte because it was required reading in high school. I am really gone to lose the title Book Worm.

Paige Tyler said...

Love Shanna and Bitten is one of my favorite books!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Kate Willoughby said...

Ditto on Shanna (but I think my copy is in my mom's garage), See Jane Score and the Outlander books.

rjlebeau said...

A great idea for a first T13 post. I humbly admit I haven't read any of them. :(

jamiebabette said...

Great idea for a list. Outlander would be one on my list. Might be hard to keep the list to 13. lol
Happy Thursday! My 13

Brenda ND said...

Oh, I like your choices. I have Kathleen Woodiwiss's The Wolf and the Dove on my keeper shelf.

Lanie Fuller said...

The only thing I've read from your list, I think, is the JD Robb. I have a couple of them kept--I save them. I used to have more, but I've lost them in various moves.

Great TT!

Elise said...

There's definitely some overlap on our lists. Shanna, A Hunger Like No Other, Bitten, Forbidden, Naked in Death. But I'm bad - I keep lots and lots of books. lol

E

Mel said...

Love 1, 3, 9, 13. :)