Thursday, December 11, 2008

Eco-fugitives

Word of the Week: Eco-fugitive

Much of what I write -- which I hope will be available for everyone to read sooner rather than later -- has deeply rooted environmental issues. In one of my short stories, the hero is an activist, not so subtle there.

So, of course I became interested when I saw this government's new list of environmental fugitives. The new website supporting this new initiative seems to be bogged down, which I take as good news that enough people care for it to be bombarded. Here's the new site, but if it's still tied up, check the news release.

I can see plenty of story ideas here, but I also have hope that some of these people will be stopped before more damage is done.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Color me enlightened. Thanks for this post!