Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bluebeard's Hunger

Bluebeard's Hunger, now titled The Forbidden Chamber, is a finalist in two contests:
* Finalist, 2008 Royal Ascot (Hot and Wild Regency)
The Beau Monde
* Finalist, 2008 12th Annual Dixie First Chapter Contest (Paranormal)
The Magnolia State Romance Writers


This manuscript has also placed in two other contests. Let me just say that I'm honored, and this gives me confidence that one day, with more hard work, this manuscript will find a home. I greatly appreciate all of the efforts of judges in RWA chapter contests. The feedback I've gotten has been invaluable. I get out my shaker of salt when I look at the comments (after all, I do get diametrically opposed suggestions), but every time I take a critical eye and beat this work with a sledge hammer, it gets better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ella, just wanted to say congratulations! I was delighted to see your name among the RA finalists as I had the pleasure of judging your entry! Congratulations too on the Dixie contest. Ha ha, the suggestions will always be diametrically opposed, won't they?
Hope you'll be in San Fran for the conference!

Cheers, Joanne

Ella Drake said...

Thanks Joanne! Unfortunately I won't be in San Fran this year, but I'll be there in spirit.