Thursday, November 1, 2007

Off topic -- caramel popcorn

Just had to share.

I was in bed, finally asleep at a decent time, when a horrendous smell woke me up. I mean, bad. Mind you, once I’m asleep, I’m asleep. Not an especially light sleeper. I got up and hunted down what was somewhere between a skunk, a plastic electrical burning, and a strange burnt butter smell.

My DH had a midnight snack of microwave caramel popcorn. Now, I used to like caramel popcorn from a can, but after this, I’m not sure I can anymore. It’s disturbing to wake up to such a strong, weird smell. I’m traumatized. Now, after trying to work for an hour, I think I can once again hit the hay. It’s almost 3am, and I can still smell what had to have been popped around midnight.

Lessons learned… If I need to stay awake for meeting a deadline (I wish) in the future, then I’ll just pop this popcorn. What is in that stuff?

No comments: