Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lady Space Pirate playlist

This is the playlist for the story I'm finishing up right now. These songs have that feel to them that really works with the story. They're in order of the progression of the story. From tension to acceptance.

I didn't have 13 songs, so I included the lyrics that reminded me of the story, to kinda stretch the 7 songs out. (The last song isn't linked directly in the player, but if you want to hear it, they have their songs easily available on their site, which I've linked.) So, I'm cheating. Not quite 13!

Fighter by Christina Aguilera
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet
Big black boots
Long brown hair
She's so sweet
With her get back stare

Criminal by Fiona Apple
What I need is a good defense
cause I'm feelin like a criminal.
And I need to be redeemed
To the one I sinned against
Because he's all I ever knew of love.


Drops of Jupiter by Train
But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way
To see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?

Amber by 311
Whoa, amber is the color of your energy
Whoa, shades of gold displayed naturally
Launched a thousand ships in my heart, so easy

Yellow by Coldplay
Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow


Starlight by Muse
The starlight
I will be chasing your starlight
Until the end of my life


11 comments:

Heather said...

There are some good songs/lyrics there. Happy Thursday!

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Alice Audrey said...

I can see the progression in these.

Janice said...

Nice list.

Happy TT.
Janice~

Shelley Munro said...

Great playlist. I bet it's been inspiring. :)

Stephanie Adkins said...

Great list! I love Christina Aquilera! :)

Adelle Laudan said...

"I will be chasing your starlight
Until the end of my life"
Sigh...isn't that a great line?
Fun list! Happy T13!

Cambria Dillon said...

Awesome list! I'm all about some Jet, 311 (love Amber! Totally reminds me of the beach), and Muse. Now I gotta go update Pandora. ;)

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Awesome list!!!

Paige Tyler said...

Love Are You Gonna Be My Girl! It's on my iPod!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Lauren Murphy said...

Nice list! I'm a big fan of Christina Aguilera. That woman has a voice!

Elise Logan said...

nice list. i have Christina's Fighter in my kick butt play list.